Book Train Tickets online using the online train ticket price checker and Raileasy online reservation system to find the cheapest available train ticket prices on your selected train route at your preferred travel times with all of the train operators on the National Rail network.
Rail Saver offer a
comprehensive range of point to point online train tickets impartially between train operating companies on
the National Rail network using a number of train ticket retailers including Raileasy to find you the
best available train fare.
In association with the National Rail acredited RailEasy™ train ticket price checker
and rail reservation service to complete an online train ticket reservation, whether it is for the cheapest
or a more expensive fare with the added comfort of first class travel, is quick and easy.
Rail Saver also offers you useful information and online booking facilities for:-
- Other linked transport including ferries, metros, London Underground, National Express busses, etc.
- Accommodation including hotels, guest houses locally and abroad.
- Rover and Ranger travel card tickets that allow unrestricted travel around specified areas of the country for varying numbers of days.
- Rail Passes for visitors to England and Europe on all the major European rail networks.
Rail Saver advises you on how to pay less for your train tickets and assists in finding you the most cost
effective train fares for your rail journey quickly and easily
using the online train ticket price check and online reservation system
with all of the train operators on the National Rail network.
Rail Travel Money Saving Tips
Rail Saver is here to help you make the very most of your rail travel
experience, whether you are a business traveller, a student, a tourist, a senior citizen or somebody who just
likes travelling on trains and by using a number of accredited rail retailers for the UK you will find the
cheapest available fares.
The following tips will help you secure the cheapest train tickets available:-
Invest In A Rail Card
- If you're under 26, over 60 or travelling with kids you can cut a third off most ticket prices with a railcard, costing £26 a year. These can be bought at stations or better still, online, as then you can upload your photo, saving £3.50 on buying a passport photo. Railcards aren't always valid, so if you do a regular journey, first check whether the card's applicable. And don't try and use railcards on journeys they're not valid on as there are some reports they actually add to the price.
- For journeys costing over £60, always get a railcard.
- If you don't have a railcard, and the ticket(s) costs over £60, buy one. The maths is simple, the railcard is £26 and you get 1/3 off; so at £60 plus you save at least as much as the card costs. Yet even for cheaper tickets, if you're likely to travel by train again that year it's worth considering.
Book In Advance
- Everyone knows book early and you can get cheaper fares yet often these disappear quicker than empty seats on a commuter trip. A majority of rail tickets are made available 12 weeks in advance; therefore this is commonly (though not definitely) when tickets are released as some train operating companies add timetables at different times. So if you can, try and book 12 weeks ahead to bag super bargain fares.
- Early booking is still cheaper even when it's not so early. Advance tickets can be available as late as 6pm the night before; so it's worth checking otherwise you may be very surprised at the cost if you buy your tickets on the day of travel.
- Book online using any reputable train reservation service.
Buy Two Single Tickets Instead Of One Return Ticket
- Logically, buying a return ticket should be cheaper than two singles depending on the train operating company and journey you are requiring. By searching for single fares you may find a cheaper combined charge by selecting these fares which wont affect your travel options in any way. Worth trying even if it saves you £1.
Why not check your own travel requirements using the Raileasy reservation system to find a wide range of available fares easily.
Only Pay Peak For The Portion That's Peak
- Peak times are usually before 10am and between 5pm and 7pm. If at all possible avoid these times and you'll find better bargains. Yet even if not, you can still cut the cost by buying two singles instead of a return if only one part of your journey is during peak times or else by using split ticketing (see below), so that if some of your journey isn't during peak time, you're not paying a peak price for your whole ticket. .
Please Note: The savings and ticket prices detailed in the 'Rail Travel Tips' above were correct a the the time of writing and may have increased or decreased accordingly since March 2011.
Carbon Off-Setting Commitment
Travelling by rail is generally more carbon efficient than travelling by car or plane. Reducing emissions from travel is a key challenge for the UK in its drive to reduce emissions. Your decision to travel by rail, is just one way in which you can help to reduce emissions and help to prevent the climate change impact of carbon emissions.
For further information and to learn more about travel emissions please visit www.carbonresponsible.com.
Train Operating Company Changes
The UK rail industry is constantly changing and as such a number of new Train Operating Companies (TOCís) have
been introduced. This may seem confusing, so we thought we would try and explain.
Here is a basic overview of the changes:
- National Express no longer operates on the East Coast mainline service (previously GNER) and is now know as East Coast.
- Cross Country trains now operate many of the services originally operated by Virgin Trains.
- East Midlands Trains now operate services originally operated by Midland Mainline.
- Central Trains services have been integrated within the operating networks of Cross Country Trains, East Midlands Trains and London Midland services.
National Rail Train Operating Companies
To view information, train timetables and details of a any of the rail operating companies click on the relevant company logo below:-
Rail Saver finds the most cost effective train fares for your rail journey quickly - enjoy more rail travel for less.